It is not a surprise that so many have been asking for more quick and easy tips to building and promoting your Facebook Pages – they are more popular than ever at the moment!
For example, on my radio show, The Social Media Chef, a few weeks back we focused on Facebook Pages and the comments were through the roof. The next week I continued on the topic of Facebook Pages with yet another mountain of comments.
As this seems to be one of the hottest topics right now, I wanted to share some more tips that you can easily apply to your Facebook Page to make it even better, more attractive and full of “Likes.”
Here are my top 5 Tips to Better Facebook Pages:
1. Get Your Custom Facebook Page URL: If you haven’t done this yet, it is free and wonderful. Simply go to facebook.com/usernameand follow the instructions. Make sure to choose a URL that is catchy, easy to remember and fits your brand!
2. Get Your Friends Behind You: This enables you to get a diverse bunch of “Likes” to your page. Find your key supporters in your Facebook network and either send them a personal message or call them to request that they invite all of their friends to connect with your page. If you are timid don’t be shy, this is done everyday by brands large and small.
3. Ask for the “Like”: What I mean by this is anywhere that you can supply content to your Facebook page, you should be asking for the reader to “Like” your page. For example on your Infotab within your page, there should be plenty of requests to “Like” the page built into your copy. Also, post a link to the group on your own profile and ask your friends to “Like” it.
4. Make Sure Your Web Address is Visible: Not only should you add EVERY website you own in your Info tab (including your social media links), but also add it to the main picture you have associated with the group. Remember, this is one of the first places people look – and it is easy to see and visit!
5. Add a Free Facebook Application to Enhance Your Page: There are many of these out there, with some of my favorites being Social RSS, Clobby and Poll Daddy. Simply search through these on the Applications section and try them out!
And there you have it – another 5 tips to create better Facebook Pages!